L.L.Bean Maine Land Trust Grant Program
L.L.Bean has teamed up with Maine Coast Heritage Trust to provide grant support to Maine’s land trust community. Together, L.L.Bean and MCHT will work to enhance the capacity of Maine’s land trusts in support of their land conservation activities and the protection of Maine’s outdoor heritage and natural landscapes.
Eligible Grant Size: 4-7 grants will be given in amounts not to exceed $5,000 each.
- Applicant must be a 501(c)3 non-profit
- Applicant must be a current member of the Maine Land Trust Network
- Applicant must have adopted LTA’s Land Trust Standards & Practices
- More than one organization involved in a collaborative project may apply
- Organizations that are awarded a L.L.Bean Maine Land Trust Grant must wait one year before applying again.
The purpose of the L.L.Bean Maine Land Trust Grant Program is to provide strategic funding to Maine land trusts for stewardship activities. Projects that enhance public access to conserved lands, strengthen a trust’s stewardship capabilities, or facilitate preserve management planning are a priority.
Projects that meet one of these priority goals and also involve collaboration between land trusts and/or other organizations (e.g, other non-profits, municipal governments, schools, etc.) may be given special consideration.
Application Process & Deadline:
Please answer the questions on the adjoining Grant Application Form adhering to the following procedural requirements:
- Applications submitted electronically are encouraged and may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailed applications should be submitted to: Maine Coast Heritage Trust; Attn: Donna Bissett; 1 Bowdoin Mill Island, Suite 201; Topsham, ME 04086
- Applications must be emailed or postmarked by Friday, September 13, 2013
- Applications by fax will NOT be considered
- Limit your narrative to two (2) pages
Questions about the L.L.Bean Land Trust Grant Program may be directed to Warren Whitney at (207) 729-7366 or email@example.com.